- Fair Weather on Mayweather
- The Literature
- Give It to Me Straight, Doc
- Before initiating therapy, identify if the etiology is infectious or noninfectious.
- What is the Current Role of Laser Therapy in the Management of DME?
- Why Are There Not More Pharmacotherapies for Glaucoma?
- Dropless Cataract Surgery Offers Benefits for Patients, Providers
- Why I Use Intracameral Antibiotics
- Bacterial Resistance Develops Through Multiple Mechanisms
- Sidebar: Besifloxacin for the Treatment of Bacterial Keratitis
- Are Generic Medications Contributing to the Rise of Superbugs?
- Sidebar: From TRUST to ARMOR: Where We Stand
- Cash-Strapped Millennials Make Do with Contact Lenses in Lieu of LASIK
- Best Practices for Integrated Care With Optometrists
- The Optometrist’s Role in Collaborative Care for Refractive Surgery
- Attracting Millennials to Your Refractive Surgery Center
- High-definition Wavefront Aberrometry Provides Encouraging Early Results
- High-tech In Low Vision
- Outreach Efforts Have Changed Many Lives
- detecting and tracking patterns of antibiotic resistance
- responding to outbreaks involving antibiotic-resistant bacteria;
- preventing infection from occurring and bacterial resistance from spreading
- discovering new antibiotics and new diagnostic tests for resistant bacteria.
IMPLEMENTING CORE ACTIONS
1. Detect and Protect Against Antibiotic Resistance. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/detect-and-protect/. Accessed January 14, 2015.
3. Haas W, Pillar CM, Torres M, et al. Monitoring antibiotic resistance in ocular microorganisms: results from the Antibiotic Resistance Monitoring in Ocular micRorganisms (ARMOR) 2009 surveillance study. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011. 201;152(4):567-574.
4. Sanfilippo CM, Morris TW, Deane J, et al. Antibiotic resistance profile. Poster presented at: The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2014; May 4-8, 2014; Orlando, FL.
Mel Friedman, OD
• Private practice at For Your Eyes Only in Memphis
Agustin L. Gonzalez, OD
• Optometric glaucoma specialist and therapeutic optometrist in practice with Eye & Vision in Richardson, Texas