- COSMETOMETRY WHAT?
- “Let the Buyer Beware”
- A Dry Eye Decision Tree
- Optimize the Ocular Surface
- Ten Tips to Avoiding Pitfalls as a New Doctor
- Zika Virus and the Eye
- Debunked: LASIK Myths and Misconceptions
- LASIK Then and Now
- What Do Online Searches Tell Us About the LASIK Market?
- Drug Delivery Innovations May Decrease the Need for Patient Compliance
- Antiaging Eye Care and Aesthetics
- The View From the Island
- Beauty Does Not Have to Hurt
- Should Patients Trust Their Skin to Eye Care Providers?
- Current Trends in Blepharoplasty and Periocular Rejuvenation
- To Bi- or Not To Bifocal for Keratoconus
- EyePrintPro: A Game-Changer for Scleral Lens Fitting
- Ultraviolet Light Protection and the Health of the Human Eye
- Measuring ROI from SEO
- What Keeps You Up at Night?
- Pseudotumor Cerebri in a Pregnant Patient
LASIK: Then and Now
The procedure is significantly safer and more effective today than when it was approved by the FDA.
1. Pallikaris I, Papatzanaki M, Stathi EZ, et al. Laser in situ keratomileusis. Lasers Surg Med. 1990;10:463-468.
2. Buratto L, Ferrari M, Genisi C. Keratomileusis for myopia with the excimer laser (Buratto technique): short-term results. Refract Corneal Surg. 1993:9(2 suppl);130-133.
3. Buratto L, Ferrari M, Genisi C. Myopic keratomileusis with the excimer laser: 1-year follow-up. Refract Corneal Surg. 1993;9:12-19.
4. Looking back: the history of laser vision correction. http://www.lasik.com/articles/laser-vision-correction-history. Accessed June 8, 2016.
5. Solomon KD, Fernández de Castro LE, Sandoval HP, et al. LASIK world literature review. Ophthalmology. 2009;116(4):691-701.
6. Kremer FB, Pronesti G, Solat J, et al. Prospective LASIK trial for myopia and myopic astigmatism: 1-year results. Ann Ophthalmol. 2001;33(4):315-322.
7. FDA website. Patient-reported outcomes with LASIK (PROWL-1) results. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/SurgeryandLifeSupport/LASIK/UCM421192.pdf. Accessed June 7, 2016.
8. FDA website. Patient-reported outcomes with LASIK (PROWL-2) results. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/SurgeryandLifeSupport/LASIK/UCM421193.pdf. Accessed June 7, 2016.