NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Promotion is void outside of the United States and where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winner is responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes.
1. How to Enter and Promotion Period. To participate in the Clinical Insights Case Contest (“Promotion”) for a chance to win the Grand Prize (defined below), you will be required to submit a video on the theme of a unique patient case, outlining the patient’s condition, the treatment approach, and the outcome (a “Video”). The Video must be in one of the following acceptable file formats: FLV, MP4, MOV, AVI, VCD, MPG. The maximum file size for the Video is 4GB. The minimum resolution for the Video is 480x360 for 4:3 or 720x405 16:9. The Video must be submitted in a HIPAA-compliant format and all details about the patient(s) must be obscured prior to submission. To participate in the Promotion, complete and submit the submission form on the webpage http://eyetubeod.com/students-only/case-contest/ to register and submit a Video (the “Registration”). The winner’s video may be featured in an upcoming episode of Clinical Insights on EyetubeOD.com, provided that Sponsor may edit copy in accordance with editorial styles, for search engine optimization purposes, or for any reason. The Promotion begins at 6:00 a.m. ET on June 23, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). A video can be submitted at any time during the Promotion Period.
2. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Promotion or to win a prize is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Promotion Period, who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and who are students currently enrolled at an Optometry School. Limit one (1) entry per person. Participants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Any effort by a participant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or multiple e-mail addresses will disqualify that participant. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including the Administrator, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion are not eligible. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. Winner Selection and Grand Prize. All entries will be reviewed by David Kading, OD, and Mile Brujic, OD, hosts of Clinical Insights on EyetubeOD, or judges of similar qualifications (the “Judges”). The Judges will determine the winner based on the following judging criteria: Unique patient’s case, description of the patient’s condition, thorough explanation of treatment approach. Sponsor’s selection of the prize winner, in its sole discretion in accordance with these Official Rules, shall be final. Odds of winning depend on the number of participants. There will be one prize consisting of $1,000 awarded (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize will be paid via mailed check. If you wish to obtain the name of the winner, you can email Sponsor at DYoung@bmctoday.com or 1008 Upper Gulph Rd, Wayne, PA, 19087 no sooner than 3 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
4. Agreement to Official Rules and Conditions of Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. In addition, each Participant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her Registration and Video is true and accurate, that he/she is the content creator, or is submitting on behalf of the creator with their consent, and that Participant owns all copyrights in the Video or has authorization to upload it. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not be responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misidentified, undelivered, delayed or misdirected entries. By completing a Registration, Participants grant to Sponsor, its agents and others working on their behalf the right to use the Participant’s name and/or Video for advertising and marketing purposes without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Unless a participant otherwise opts out, Sponsor and its designees may use the participants’ physical and/or e-mail address to contact the participant regarding Sponsor’s services and other offers and/or promotions. A participant can opt out by selecting the opt-out option in any e-mail communication sent by the sponsor. All Registration entries and Videos become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this contest. Sponsor is not responsible for incompatibility of participant’s hardware, software or browser technology with Sponsor’s hardware, software or browser technology. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, or Sponsor’s administration or fulfillment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the administration of the Promotion. If you enter using your mobile device on a wireless service provider’s network (as opposed to a Wi-Fi network), your carrier’s data rates may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. No Video shall (i) contain any elements that violate a third party’s copyrights or trademark rights, (ii) depict any individuals who are minors or who have not granted permission to be featured in the Video, or (iii) contain or provide any information which would result in a violation of HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
5. Winner Notification. The winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by e-mail at the email address provided in the Registration. Sponsor may require the prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver, consent to the winner’s video being featured in an upcoming episode of Clinical Insights on EyetubeOD.com, provided that Sponsor may edit copy in accordance with editorial styles, for search engine optimization purposes, or for any reason, and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, “Affidavit”). If the prize winner does not respond to the notification within ten days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Sponsor and/or the Grand Prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the Grand Prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded within approximately 60 days of the winner’s complete response to notification. The Grand Prize is not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise).
6. Sponsor and Administrator. The sponsor and administrator of this Promotion is Bryn Mawr Communications LLC (the “Sponsor” or the “Administrator”) 1008 Upper Gulph Rd., Wayne, PA, 19087.
8. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each participant for participant and participant’s heirs, executors, and administrators, hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any claim, damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Pennsylvania, and each participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each participant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF PARTICIPANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. The Video contains all financial disclosures relevant to the presentation. Participant hereby grants Sponsor, Administrator and their partners royalty free publishing rights to all content submitted for consideration. Content (ie, images, commentary, videos in their entirety or excepts) may be used in print or online for the purpose of advertising products or concepts and for educational activities.